Its that time of year when I start my Gym work again in an attempt to re-model my legs to be somewhere between a "Sparrows" and "John Forstemen".
In fact had it not been for my accident and resulting separated shoulder I had planned to carry out Gym work all year round, the very thought of the Gym has just been too painful until recently when I have been trying to rehab the shoulder using a giant ball.
Anyways .... there are (as in every Gym) a lot of beefcake bodybuilders, working out and looking at themselves in the mirror!
I used to think that this was quite funny, however the more i think about it most of these Guys have got it dead right with the training.......
1) The training is very specific usually targeting different (non - conflicting) muscle groups, each workout having a specific purpose.
2) The training is regular giving the body great routines to follow (we all know how the body likes routines).
3) They absolutely commit to and nail every workout 100% in order to get an adaptation.
4) They leave enough rest for recovery in-between each muscle group work out following a periodized training plan.
5) They are fanatical about recovery foods and proteins.
So if all cyclists were as strict in the training routines they would be a lot faster!
Still no excuse for the posing though.